In the midst of one the most severe economic downturns of the past 45 years outside of a conflict Buy OSRS Gold, many in Venezuela are turning to playing video games in order to stay alive and possible migration. Playing video games doesn't imply sitting in front of a computer screen. It can mean movement. Hunting herbiboars for food in RuneScape can finance today's food as well as the future of the world within Colombia or Chile nations where Marinez has relatives.

In in the Caribbean Sea in Atlanta, almost 2,000 miles away from Marinez, lives Bryan Mobley. As a teen playing RuneScape for hours and hours, he informed me in a phone call. "It was amusing. It was a way to clearly avoid homework, and shit like that," he said.

The 26-year-old Mobley thinks differently about the game. "I don't think of it as a virtual world anymore," Mobley said to me. It's for him an "number simulation," which is similar to virtual Roulette. A rise in the amount of money in the game is a boost of dopamine.

Since Mobley began playing RuneScape in the late aughts an underground market was in the game's economy. In the land of Gielinor it is possible to trade items like mithril's longswords, yak's hide armor, herbs gathered from herbiboars--and gold, the game's currency. Eventually, players began exchanging in-game gold for actual dollars, a process referred to as real-world trading RS Gold. Jagex, the game's creator is against these exchanges.